/*

This Page

has been moved to new address

Spam That Makes You Go Hmmmm?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
*/ body { background:#135; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9bd; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #468; } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #357; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#eee; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#eee; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #357; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#79b; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; color:#579; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #357; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#fc6; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fc6; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#357; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#579; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#579; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar-title { color:#579; } #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #357; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #357; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #357; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Spam That Makes You Go Hmmmm?

Recently, I've been getting some crazy junk in my Google inbox.  I know I shouldn't open it, but sometimes I just have to.  Don't worry, I'm not clicking on all those Facebook videos of ladies experiencing things on roller coasters, dad walking in on daughter, or an amazing video of a baby being born (ok, I might have clicked on that last one, but only because I have an obsession with babies.)  But seriously, this is some funny stuff. One of these emails came from a contact through Craigslist, I think.  You know how Google saves all the addresses of every single email you ever wrote?  Don't worry, he's not the Craigslist killer, but the guy who was interested in some framed artwork I was trying to sell has recently tied the knot with Anne...

It reads:

"Hi Friends,

All long and far from LA.

I just wanted to tell you tomorrow 10/21 I am going to Van Nuys County Clerk Office to get married to one Anne Tolkkinen who many know and some have not had the pleasure to meet.

Anne and I met in NY the summer of 2009 and have recorded the worlds furthest long distance relationship from Helsinki to Los Angeles.

We now finally have the chance to be together in the same city, which provided me the motivation to clean my apt.

Anne is an amazing sound designer in the film industry and the loveliest person to experience joy with.

I wish I could share this moment with all of you who are all very near and dear to my heart.

Luckily one day soon we will have a reception that I hope you can all come to. 

Lots of love from the city of angels,

Michael"


Best wishes Mike and Anne!  I can't wait to make my dinner selection.  I'l have the filet.  

And then this came today...

"Dear          

Hi,I just returned from my oversea official trip.I am Sandra Kassim,I work with a mining company in UK here as a supervisor.We may not know ourselves for now but it is my heart desire to take vacation leave from our company to visit Malaysia for the first time . My father originally came from Malaysia unfortunately I lost my father early without even knowing  my relatives.I want to come but I do not know anybody to show me around,

It is no longer a news that Asia is developing so fast and catching up with developed countries with a lot of tourist attraction  centers,it gives me so much joy because I want to witness it and be part of it. I may possibly discuss some business matters.

I do not mean to inconvenience you neither do I want my presence to affect your work or business hours,instead I can adjust my time so that we can only meet in the evenings and weekends.I will appreciate it if you can spare your little  time to welcome and a ccompany me,never mind I will take care of the expenses.If you say OK please let me know the nearest airport that will be easier for you to come and fetch me on arrival.

Rgds

Sandra"

She didn't even fill in my name after the "Dear."  And what's up with all the short hand?  Is Malaysia really that long of a word?  Should I go pick her up at Terminal E?  What the hell?

What kind of crazy junk is sitting in your spam folder?  Have you ever checked it out?  Whackadoodle, for sure, but hilarious at the same time.  Can you do better than a wedding and an unexpected mining guest from the UK?  


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home